PROJECTS 2017 AND BEYOND
Please see the latest newsletter where recent projects are reported with photos.
- Install information kiosk building at Stanley cemetery that will display history of the people buried there
- New headboards being replaced and engraved. Work bee will be needed to install.
- Work on agreement to allow bikes through Barkerville; explore a bypass and/or an access agreement with Barkerville.
- Produce a Friends brochure/pamphlet to promote/display/handouts at info centres, tradeshows etc.
- Update the Friends website
- Help with a Bonepicker Film Festival
- National Hiking Trail awareness (McBride/Goat River/Barkerville/1861 GRPT
- Repair and improve access at slide area on the ditch line trail to Cooper’s Cabin
- Establish more geocache sites near Barkerville
- The Blackwater fire suppression unit crew (if available) will do trail maintenance
- A newsletter will be worked on and posted on this website
- Partner with Barkerville providing funds towards cement benches along the new low mobility access trail from Lowhee campground to Barkerville and may or may not be completed in 2017